Sunday, October 19, 2008

Please Watch Out for Bikers.....


Since the situation is not so serious and Rick is being released from the hospital today I feel I can finally post about this. First off I want to thank all of my friends for the phone calls of support. I love each of you.

Last Tuesday Jason's Dad Rick was in a bike accident with a Truck. Rick had been biking with a group but had to leave the group early to make it to a partner's meeting. He was heading West on Thomas Road when a Truck made a left hand turn right in front of Rick causing him to t-bone the side. The right side of Ricks body took the blunt hit and was pretty torn up. He had 5 posterior ribs broken, a lacerated liver, a partially collapsed lung and several stitches needed on his face. We are so grateful that it wasn't more serious. He has healed up really well and is going home today. Thanks again for all the phone calls and prayers.

2 comments:

Tatum said...

That is absolutely awful. That is my worst fear... Hitting a biker, pedestrian... or getting hit. I am so glad he survived! We will pray for a complete recovery.

Raina said...

I am glad he is still alive! Our prayers will be with him.
Wow, that just confirms to me even more not to ever let Dale or Samuel ride a motorcycle.